Elastic Cement Coating for Walls and Floor Sealing
Cat. No. C00101
BITUMSEAL is two components, elastic cement mixture for multi-purpose sealing, designed for positive and negative sealing. BITUMSEAL is made of minerals, cement, hydraulic additives and latex.
BITUMSEAL combines elasticity, adhesion and excellent water tightness. It provides excellent adhesion to substrates such as: concrete, wood, metal, P.V.C. etc.
- Seals interior basements, Plants containers, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Seals small balconies (up to 3 m²) under the tiles.
- Suitable for positive and negative sealing, in basements.
- Used for sealing of small water reservoirs.
- Seals concrete walls in preparation for dry or wet coating by natural stones.
- Suitable for sealing the back of stones in industrialized construction methods.
Adhesion strength to concrete – 1.13 Mpa.
Elongation in maximum load – 21%
Resistance to positive water pressure (7Atm for 24 hours)- O.K
Resistance to negative water pressure (1.5 ATM) - O.K.
Water vapors passage – SD = 2.20 meter
Concrete, concrete and Ytong blocks, silicate, plaster, etc.
Method of Application
- Remove dust, dirt, grease, and loose parts off the surface.
- Rinse the surface to saturation and remove water surplus.
- Chisel out and around external defects, embedded gravel, wires, and exposed reinforcing steel and repair prior to applying the sealer.
- Fill and smooth wall-floor corners, using the appropriate materials 42 hours before applying BITUMSEAL.
- Pour the contents of one bucket (5 kg) BITUMSEAL LATEX into a container of a mechanical mixer. Start mixing and add slowly, while mixing, the contents of BITUMSEAL bag (20KG). Mix thoroughly until a homogenous, easy to apply mixture is obtained. Rinse the adhesive residue in the bucket with about 1 liter of water and add to the mixture.
- Apply the prepared mixture on the side of the wall that faces the water (positive and negative sealing), using a brush or a trowel. In the event of repaired spots, apply the mixture over the repair after it dries.
- Apply 2 coats of 1.25 kg/m². Apply the coats, in crisscross directions.
- It is recommended to use BITUMSEAL in two colors, to ascertain full coverage of the surface by the sealer.
About 2.5 kg/m², in 2 coats, 1 mm thick each. For sealing against water pressure over 3 meters high, apply a third coat.
About 90 minutes. It is recommended to stir every 15 minutes, to prevent crusting
BITUMSEAL - 20KG BAG.
BITUMSEAL LATEX – 5KG CAN.
Clean with water, while the mixture is still wet. Clean dry mixture with acetone.
Store the product in its original packaging, in a shaded, dry place, for up to 8 months from its production date.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 5ºC and over 35 ºC.
- In closed spaces without proper ventilation, ascertain that the first coat is dry and only then apply the second coat (you may use a ventilator to accelerate drying).
- Flooding test can be applied after 7 days of drying.
The entire data above is within the scope of recommendations only, which are given according to our best experience and knowledge that is available to us. The producer liability is limited to product quality only, and cannot replace the performer’s liability relating to adequate performance of all works. In any case, we recommend to test product compatibility to the desired application prior to its use.Related Documents